* Are you a Hermetic mage who has recently passed the
* Do you want to spent a delightful century or two in
labwork, study, and topics of interest to you personally?
* Would you like to live without undue interference by your
sodales, political annoyances of tribunal politics, or the
need to go out adventuring?
* Would you appreciate the presence of low-key (and entirely
optional) contests of intellect and laboratory work, for
those decades when your interest in your work for its own
* Would you like a life of safety and power in a high Magic
regio, protected but not hindered by a high Divine regio?
* Would you like to converse with enlightened sodales from a
wide range of times and places?
All these things can be yours! Come to Insula
[And that's actually a completely honest advertisement,
without even the intent to mislead. I am looking for about
three more players for a low-key play-by-email Ars Magica 5
saga centered on labwork, with optional conversation and
internal magical contests. Details on the campaign setting
are available at
– Bard Bloom