Thery wanted to know this of all her friends, for some unaccountable reason. I do not understand Rassimel.
1. What does your first name mean? My name was chosen more for the sound of it than any particular meaning. Also it must be different from the names of all other Zi Ri who have ever lived or will ever live. There is no way to tell such a thing, however, so Zi Ri names are traditionally quite long. I didn't manage to memorize mine until last year or so.
Insofar as it means anything at all -- and one has to listen for echoes of words in archaic languages in the syllables -- it might be understood to mean "Seven hundred and twenty-nine feathers stood before the farmer-mages, and beside them were stone and hezarion magical devices. Winds arose and departed, but birds were roasted with plentiful garlic." Or you could interpret it quite otherwise: e.g., the part from 'hezarion' on could be read as "Tillipikka, the weaver, sows his fields with tepid barley provided by the prostitute. Memorable parakeet!"
2. Your middle name, do you have one? That was the first half. It's pretty arbitrary where you cut it, really.
3. What does it (your middle name) mean?
4. What about that name at the end (unless you're a Jr. or III or something), what about that one? "Nearby, certain guardians of guntries collided while they were tending their flocks. Axes were espaliered prohibitively [or 'while vodka' if you prefer]. Crying circumnavigated the previous night. Here! Without-two-or-more-Orren-surveyors! Magnificence is cheap, but iridescence is everlasting."
5. So, if you were to put the meanings of all your names together, what would it say? Somewhat less than the two halves individually.
6. If you'd been born the opposite sex, what would your parents have named you? That's a very confusing question, as there is only one sex of Zi Ri. I daresay it would be something along the lines of "Kevzadhones", which is to say, "deformed". Current Mood: amused